Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Driving Miss Daisy Poster


This is a sample of my efforts on behalf of the Rose City Players, and this poster and several others should be on display in the front of the Hungarian Cultural Center, where the play will be performed. This is a "fly by the seat of my pants" thing, as I had never been involved in anything like this before, except for when my kids were in the Drama group with Widdifield High School, in North Bay. It was directed by Marty and Art Southcott, and I remember the kids going off to Muncie, Indiana, USA to perform the various plays. Back then, I was into Black & White photography, and spent many many many happy hours in the darkroom, souping film, and printing photos, with the CBC station playing Classical music into the wee hours of the morning....of course, the odd "sniff" of Captain Morgan helped with the focusing etc.....

2 comments:

John Minkowskyj said...

Very professionally done. Kudos to you. I hope the shows went well and attracted the throngs!

David c.h. Brown said...

Hey John,
Thanks for your comments. Actually, we are still at the rehearsal stage yet. The shows do not start until Oct. 11th, and we will have to see what the turn out will be like. Thanks again. Dave