Monday, December 17, 2012

One Bright Blue Rose.....

Whew! It has been quite a while since I have posted anything, and if there is still anyone out there who are kind enough to be still checking in on my little blog, thank you. I have been very preoccupied finishing the last of the renos to update our home, and bring up to current standards somewhat. I am a DIY'er and the bathroom was the final project that needed completion. Now, finally, I can feel like I am retired.....however I am feeling somewhat lost a little. Soooo, on the weekend I assembled and set up my Bessler Cll enlarger, and plan to do some darkroom work in the near future. Firstly I have to do some testing on my black & white film that I have had on ice, or very cool at least, for the past 5 years or so. That should be interesting I'm sure. Anyway, to get to my posting tonight....I decided to use this rose image that I took in the back yard last Autumn. It has a decidedly blueish hue to it, and that was a happy accident sort of. I had been shooting under tungsten lighting, and had the white balance set accordingly on my Maxxum 7D. I forgot to change the white balance when I ventured into the garden under sunny conditions. As a matter of coincidence, I had been learning a new Irish tune that sounds wonderful to me on my diatonic accordion. It is a song about Jesus, and it is entitled "One Bright Blue Rose". Since this is the Christmas season, and we are celebrating the birth of Jesus, I thought it might be an appropriate way to return to my blogging efforts again. Hope you get some joy from it, and I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year.....just in case I get lost in my darkroom for a week or two....

6 comments:

John Minkowskyj said...

It looks like the photo was shot in the moonlight. Very nice.
That's right, there is someone checking on your little blog.

David c.h. Brown said...

Hey John,
Thanks for looking in tonight. I sort of guessed that most folks would have deleted me by now. Actually it was shot around midday, and as I said, I had the white balance wrong. Merry Christmas to you and your family from ours. Dave

John Minkowskyj said...

Thank You.
Merry Christmas and a Happy Healthy New year to you and your family.

Krys and Paul said...

Nice recovery for a mistake, Dave ;-) If I ever have trouble rationalizing something, I'll come to you! I love your blog entries - so glad you're still there - and belated congrats on finishing your reno projects! Now you can down to the real business of retirement!

David c.h. Brown said...

Krys & Paul,
Thanks for taking a positive view of my visual and verbal offerings. Some would say it is all just B.S., so I am not about to get too big headed about it all. Nice to hear from you folks again. I hear that it is in the 50's Celsius in Australia right now....Ouch! Dave

pest inspection sydney said...

It’s wonderful to go to see this specific site and reading through the particular views of most acquaintances on the issue regarding this post, while I am also eager to get information.

---------------------------
pest control castle hill | pest control sydney | sydney pest control