Saturday, January 5, 2013

Tufted Titmouse.....

The sun finally made an appearance on Friday afternoon, and I had been impatiently waiting for an opportunity to try out my new SONY a65 dSLT camera. For the most part, due to the need to do upgrades to our home, I have become a voyeur of other photographer's works of art. A year ago, I joined the Windsor Camera Club, and it is for the most part a nature oriented club. Having spent most of my photographic endeavors photographing people, I was somewhat out of my element. However, I have decided to expend a little more effort into the photography of birds, since I have done very little of that recently. This little fellow is a Tufted Titmouse and he was kind enough to stop for a second or two, and then was off again. It became very apparent that if you intend to photograph birds, you have to be fast....very fast! I put my camera on 10 frames per second and used the zoom button at +2 magnification while using my 75 ~ 300 lens fully extended. I only have my old Minolta AF lenses, and I was afraid that they would not be of good enough quality for this new camera, but for the most part I am pleased. Hope you enjoy it as well......

5 comments:

Krys and Paul said...

Fabulous photo, Dave. Since you are 'branching' out, I have seen some amazing bird photos on this blog but you have to look through a lot of other stuff to find them http://photoaday2008-caz.blogspot.ca/ - the rest of the photos have nothing to teach you!


David c.h. Brown said...

Hi Krys & Paul,
Your comments are much appreciated. Photographing birds is a special skill, and there is a lot more to it than meets the eye. It is fun to feel like a beginner again, and I have so much catching up to do, having been sidelined for so long with house renos, etc. Thanks, Dave

sydney pest control said...

I want to to thank you for your time for this fantastic read!!

-------------------------
spiders control sydney | sydney termite control | termite inspection sydney

David c.h. Brown said...

Hello Sydney Pest Control,
Thank you for your comments and taking the time to look in on my blog. Much appreciated...Dave

Ekaterina said...

Titmouse funny bird.. This my bird...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rKg552FbSI