Thursday, February 14, 2013

Ice Crystals

The sun finally broke through yesterday, for the first time in too many long dreary days, and I finally got out to do a little shooting again. My original intent was to shoot some black & white film, but did not find anything that fired up the juices. So, I stopped at the Ojibway Park again on my way back home, hoping to find some birds or maybe a deer. At first there were none of either. So while waiting for the birds to appear, I took this shot looking down into this little trickle of water that flowed under an old wooden bridge. The crystalline formation made in the ice during the recent fluctuations in temperature appealed to me somewhat.  The spiked twig in the upper right corner is from a Hawthorne bush I believe. However, I could be wrong on that, but it looks like something that a deer had found not too palatable. The simplistic abstractness of it all appealed to me, and I hope, some of you as well.....

2 comments:

John Minkowskyj said...

I'm constantly enthralled by ice and ice formations. I've taken many.
I like the various ice formations and tones in your photo.

David c.h. Brown said...

Hey John,
Thanks for looking in today, and for your comments. Dave