Saturday, February 16, 2013

Laughing Eyes

After watching my grandson play floor hockey this morning, his other grandfather invited me to accompany him on a trip over to the Windsor Market for some Kielbasa sausage. Having never gone there before, I stopped by the house for my camera....just in case... As it turns out, I am very glad that I did, as I would have missed a great occasion to photograph some really great objects and people as well. This lady shown here operates a space in the market, and has some real "treasures" on display for those who appreciates such things. After talking with her for a few minutes, she agreed to be photographed with one of her rare treasures, and that I could place her photo here on my blog. She is holding the September 1901 issue of The Ladies' Home Journal, and her laughing eyes made this encounter a very pleasant experience. Thanks Tammy.....Thanks Frank.....

8 comments:

Surrendor said...

Your style of writing is incredibly entertaining, I enjoyed it thoroughly! More updates please!!

John Minkowskyj said...

And how was the kielbasa?

David c.h. Brown said...

Thank you for looking in and your comments Surrendor. Appreciated muchly. Dave

David c.h. Brown said...

Hey John,
Thanks for checking in, and the Kielbasa was/is great stuff. I enjoy new taste sensations....Dave

Mike de Moree said...

Lovely portrait David. Hope to see more of this market. Thanks

David c.h. Brown said...

Thanks for your comment Mike. Hope to post more images from the Market soon....have been hit hard with the flu...Dave

Frank said...

Glad you liked the market Dave.

David c.h. Brown said...

Hey Frank,
I did enjoy the market, and mostly because I had a good friend willing to show me around. Thanks a lot. Dave