Monday, March 4, 2013

Pufted Tufted Titmouse

This is another version of the little Tufted Titmouse that I had posted previously. He is all puffed up to protect himself from the cold biting wind, and looks just lovely to me with the rim lighting coming in from the upper left. I will be entering this little fellow in the Windsor Camera Club Competition night, and as before, will likely be critiqued for having the secondary branch running through the picture, as being a distraction. However, I played with this shot in the various editing software from Adobe and Corel, and when I removed the secondary branch or twig, he looked too stark and for my taste unnatural. I deliberately left the twig in this photo because to me, it helps lead the eye up to the bird, and at the same time, helps divide the empty spaces into some nice graphic design elements. For my taste, he looks more like he is in his natural environment, which is amongst a thicket. I have never been one who puts much stock in high scores in competition. For me, it is just fun to participate, and have a good night out with the guys and gals. Hope you enjoy it somewhat also.....

P.S. The word "Pufted" in the title is not an actual word, but one I coined myself to rhyme with Tufted, and give the idea that he was all puffed up....I'm not THAT anal about grammar.....

For those who care.......Photo taken with a SONY a65 and Minolta 75 ~ 300 zoomed all the way out to 300mm (450mm effective) and with 2X zoom button deployed making for 900mm.....hand held with in camera body Steady Shot turned ON.....

1 comment:

John Minkowskyj said...

Good luck in the competition.
There are NO competitors in this category.
Are you still in 'Caner Frontera' with our N. Bay Group?