Friday, June 14, 2013

A Sad Ending....

When you don't pay much attention to certain things, they tend to surprise us unexpectedly with the amount of deterioration. This old violin was my musical "muse" for years, and I was surprised to find that the bow strings had become detached at one end, and the bridge had collapsed. The rosin in its little box had become little amber nuggets also. However, after thinking on it for a while, I realized that all I had to do was accept what was, and use it in another unaccustomed way. So, the roses from a Mother's Day bouquet were saved from the garbage, and allowed to dry, or "age gracefully." They were added to the scene to help provide a certain mood that is open for interpretation. Hope you enjoy it also.....

4 comments:

John Minkowskyj said...

That famous white violin.

David c.h. Brown said...

Hey John,
Thanks for checking in. Ain't it funny how we become attached to the strangest things eh? Guess I'll have to put it back together when I have nothing else to do....Dave

Ed Deasy said...

David

I like the photo and the arrangement a lot. It is sad that it doesn’t get to make music, but you’ve made a really nice photo from it. The warm tone is a wonderful touch. It suggests something laid out for a visitation of the mourners.

Ed D.

David c.h. Brown said...

Hi Ed,
So nice to have you look in again. I have recently returned to the dark room and I am really enjoying it. Black and White is my favorite type of photography, and I have to say that the smell of chemicals on my hands brings a smile to my face. Thank you for your comments. They are much appreciated. Dave