Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Dad's Rose...

Contrary to rumors, or wishful thinking, I am still alive and above the green stuff. It has been so long since I last posted that I wasn't sure I would remember how to do it anymore. It has been a busy Spring season, and it was so cool, that for a while, I wasn't sure that any flowers would survive the frosty nights. I'm sure the local farmers and orchard owners were keeping an eye on the night time temperatures as well. However, finally, the garden responded to my wife's diligent efforts, and is filled with rose blossoms now. Last evening, I took the camera to the back yard to grab a couple of shots, and I was not very satisfied with the results. They seemed to be quite unremarkable to me, and so I thought I would experiment with a long dormant Corel software, called Corel Painter Essentials 3. It is a very nice program, but to say that I need more practice, a lot more, would be an understatement. This is my feeble offering for this time. It helped the image to be able to add a bit of texture to it I think. Here's hoping you like it somewhat, and hopefully I will find more time to post on here again soon......tonight, it's back to the darkroom and I am hoping to have something for my black and white site soon....

No comments: