Tuesday, October 1, 2013

A Rose for Rebekah....

Just a quick little still life tonight. This rose was sitting in a glass vase on our kitchen table, and I decided to try and preserve it for longer than it will actually last. It is a very delicate yellow, with a slightly pinkish center. It was actually a very nice little gift from our neighbors Terri and Henry, and it is lovely indeed. Technically, the set up could not be more simple. It was shot using the existing light from a window, and a white cloth reflector held slightly to the left of it, and there you go. Hope you like it.........

6 comments:

Ed Deasy said...

David

I really like this! That right side lighting creates a nice shadow on the keys. The black keys have a line of catch light defining their right sides. The Rose has the tones that balance out the keyboard. The window light is perfect. Easy to setup too...

David c.h. Brown said...

Hi Ed,
Thank you for looking in today, and I appreciate your comments also. I have not posted much this summer, as we have had to be out of town quite a lot. I am also getting myself reacquainted with my old film cameras and processing lately. Cheer! Dave

John Minkowskyj said...

Great photo. Looks like a shot from the 20's.

Could you send me your email address so that I could send you shots of the Photo Groups exhibit at WKP Kennedy Gallery? Thanks.

David c.h. Brown said...

Hey John,
Thanks for your comment. Will e-mail the info to you, and hope the Photo Group is doing really well. Dave

Richard Brewer said...

I do like it. Simple and effective. :-)

David c.h. Brown said...

Welcome aboard Richard, and I enjoyed your blog site as well...very nice work. We also have similar musical tastes. I enjoy Long John Baldry as well as many of the old blues guys. Personally, I play the diatonic button accordion....Thanks, Dave