Thursday, November 14, 2013

Meet Bob...

Just a while back I was out taking a few shots of the roses in our back yard, and I did not see or hear Bob appear out of nowhere....he does that from time to time. He calls me Pete for some reason I have never been able to figure out, and ever since I moved next door to him about 5 years ago, I have been designated as his "Mr. Fix It" guy. He throws absolutely nothing away, and when it is totally worn out, I get to restore it and give it the extended warranty that never came with the item....LOL! He just needs to make contact with someone. In his younger days, he worked on the railroad, and has all kinds of railroad toys laying around his house. As soon as I saw him peering over the fence at me, I immediately grabbed a couple of shots of him and his train engine. He never smiles much it seems, and I have never asked him why. It's none of my business anyway. He is a staunch supporter of the Royal Canadian Legion a few blocks away, and we often have a little chuckle at his expense counting the number of attempts he makes at backing his little car into his driveway at night....Hope you enjoy my little grab shot of him.....

6 comments:

John Minkowskyj said...

I'm glad to see that Bob doesn't have the Datura plant indoors (bottom left corner).
Good shot.

David c.h. Brown said...

Hey John,
Hope things are well in the North. The plant in the bottom left corner is actually a very lovely pink rose, some of which are still blooming here. Have a good one. Dave

Frank said...

Hey Pete (I mean Dave) Sounds like old Bob has found a true friend.

David c.h. Brown said...

Hey Frank,
Thanks for looking in. Old Bob has found a true something or other, I'm not sure myself exactly what though. LOL! Dave

Mike de Moree said...

Your black and white images are great David. I also enjoy your comments. Thanks

David c.h. Brown said...

I appreciate that you take time to check out my blog Mike. I am hoping to be doing more in the way of Black and White portraits in the near future. Dave