Friday, January 17, 2014

Sitting Pretty....

Tonight I got to playing around with some of my old files I had taken a couple of years ago, and decided to try a little different treatment of them. This one was a portrait of this pretty little lass, and I thought it might look nice if it were something resembling a painting. For some reason, with all of the amazing advances in digital photography, and the ability to produce searingly sharp images with it, I find myself wanting to alter the realism of the images. Of course this would not be possible without the various types of photo editing software that is available. Like everything else, it is all very subjective, and some rather like this sort of treatment, while others hate it. My opinion is that it is a rather nice option to have, but it could be very easily over used to the point of making it trite....hope some of  you enjoy it also.

6 comments:

John Minkowskyj said...

I enjoyed your treatment of this photo. You're right sometimes the filters are overused, but it is still worthwhile seeing the work.
You can always learn from it. it always seems that 'What will it look like if I do this?" Right.

David c.h. Brown said...

Hey John,
There are times when I feel like a certain mood needs to be created to satisfy the mood I happen to be in at the time. This is the result of a bit of insomnia I was having. Thanks for looking in today. Dave

Frank said...

Excellent work Dave.

David c.h. Brown said...

Hey Frank,
Thanks for checking in tonight. Appreciate it. Dave

Onushua Fiza said...

The post is really nice. I enjoyed your consumption of this photo.




Clipping Path

David c.h. Brown said...

Thanks for looking in Onushua. Your comments are appreciated. Dave