Thursday, February 6, 2014

Rusty Old Ford...

They're everywhere. If you have done much exploring of the countryside, they will turn up abandoned back in the bush with trees growing up through them. Or they will be lovingly displayed at the various antique auto shows during the summer months. This one was proudly displayed, rust and all, at one such show in Amhurstburg last summer. It sat there amongst all of the other gleaming and finely restored old cars and trucks. It somehow appealed to me as there was something honest about it....here I am, rust, warts and all....take it or leave it. It spoke to me...

3 comments:

Richard Brewer said...

I love shots like these, David. The juxtaposition of textures, patterns and colours caused by decay have always fascinated me, and you have captured these well in the photograph.

j said...

Old cars always seem to be iconic images for photographers. I know if I see an old or abandoned old car I always have to take a picture.
Great shot.
Nothing wrong with your previous posting of "A Nuclear Winter's Night". It was very imaginative and if I may use the term 'spacey".
Well done.

David c.h. Brown said...

Thank you for your comments Richard and j. I always enjoy taking pictures of old rusted vehicles. They have a lot of character I think, and also a lot of memories for someone who used to own them. I will likely do a repost of the image that I deleted. Thank you. Dave