Sunday, March 23, 2014

Arum Lily Blossom...

Today I was testing the wireless off camera functions of my Metz 52AF-1 flash. Usually I am not given to using this sort of method for getting the effects I would like in a photo. However, it does not hurt to be familiar with how it all works, for the odd times you might decide that it would come in handy. The Metz flash is triggered by the pop up flash on my SONY a65 camera, and the ratio is set to 2:1 for the Metz slave flash. This gives various effects depending on the placement off camera. Here it is used as a source of back lighting, and the on camera flash triggering it is used as a fill flash. As a first try, it is not bad, but could use a little more refinement as the left side highlights were somewhat blown out. But I quibble and nit pick....Anyway, this plant had just come into bloom on our coffee table, and it is a member of the Arum Lily family, also known as the "Peace Lily". Hope you like it. As Spring progresses, it will be nice to be able to go outside to photograph various flowers and plants that soon will be pushing through. It has been a long winter all over....

No comments: