Sunday, June 15, 2014

My Dad's Rose....Happy Father's Day!

A few years ago, I stumbled across a South Carolina  photographer Ed Deasy's blog site. He had been posting photos taken with a LED flashlight, with the lens taped over and allowing just a narrow slit for the light to get out. He was painting with light at night time, and the results were quite different. Tonight, I was sitting talking with my wife about my photography, and that I felt that for some reason, a lot of my photography was "over lit" and I was becoming bored with it all. So at 11:30 pm, I got up and put my SONY a65 on my tripod, and found my little LED flashlight and ventured out into the back yard to see what would transpire. The exposure is strictly by guess work, and the shutter is on BULB and held open until it "felt" right. This photo is one of the images that I managed to capture. It was shot at f11 and my guess is somewhere around 20 ~ 35 seconds, with varying lengths of time in different areas of the image. This one might eventually get printed and hang on a wall in some corner....hope you enjoy it also.

2 comments:

John Minkowskyj said...

Definitely worth printing,well done.

David c.h. Brown said...

Thank you John...much appreciated. Dave