Sunday, September 7, 2014

Summer Folding

My neighbor Terri was doing some gardening around her driveway a couple of days ago while I was wandering around with my camera taking a few shots in our front yard. She mentioned that I had not posted on my blog for a while, and she was right. My last posting was for Father's Day, and for whatever reason, I have done very little photography since that time. It seems that sometimes, there are other concerns and priorities that take over, or at other times, there is just a lack of motivation. Like anything else, sometimes you need to just stand back a while, and let the creative batteries recharge. After agreeing with my neighbor, I immediately bent over and took a shot of this unopened or almost folded Dinner Plate Hibiscus which was growing beside her front entrance walkway. It for some reason made me think of Summer winding down, having had its day in the sun, which lately has taken on that golden hue of late summer and early fall.....thanks Terri, I think I am back finally. Hope you like it.

2 comments:

John Minkowskyj said...

YER BACK!!!!

David c.h. Brown said...

Hey John,
Thanks for checking in. Had a lot on my plate this summer, and I think I am ready to revive the blog... again. Dave