Thursday, October 16, 2014

Alone in the City....

This street scene was shot a few years ago with my trusty old film camera on Black & White film. It was one of those negatives that for one reason or another, never got printed. Tonight while I was digging through a bunch of old files I happened upon this one, and decided to post it here. The lady could possible be coming from a shopping trip, or possibly a Doctor's appointment. Her gait was somewhat labored, and my guess was that her feet were killing her. She appears to be all alone in the world, and somewhat vulnerable. At any rate, I liked the perspective of the scene, and she helps to lend scale to it all. For me, this sort of shot is a nice departure from the usual flowers, birds and scenics that I have been photographing recently....hope you like it also.

4 comments:

John Minkowskyj said...

This must have been taken in the 70's in Toronto judging by the architecture and the woman's clothing. B&W provides a very strong image, it works.
I've been doing quite a bit of B&W, but with digital images.

David c.h. Brown said...

Hey John,
Actually it was in the '90's I believe, and this elderly lady did not appear too concerned with the latest fashions. It was taken in an alleyway in the Wellesley/Bay area, and shot on Plus-X. Yup, I still have a darkroom...but I do digital as well...whatever works eh! Thanks, Dave

Richard Brewer said...

It is always a good idea to revisit old negs (or files), and see what has been missed first time around. :-)

Nice shot, Dave.

David c.h. Brown said...

Hi Richard,
Nice of you to look in and leave your comments. You're right, there are lots of negs that deserve to be printed, but we never seem to get around to it. Thanks again. Dave