Thursday, November 13, 2014

The Smile Quotient.....

Today after cleaning out the eaves troughs, and gathering up the leaves, I noticed the roses still blooming around our home. It brought a smile to my face, as I remembered a time as a young lad, that my Mother had several rose beds in our front yard. There were red, pink, yellow and white roses of various hues of those colours, and they were so lovely that even the taxi drivers would stop in front of our home and look in. One day, a taxi driver stopped about 2 or 3 times, and my Mother asked him if he had a problem. He told her that it was his wife's birthday, and he would like some roses to give her. So she snipped him a few, and his smile said it all. He slowly drove away, and I never forgot that little exchange of kindness that she had shown toward a stranger. I have often wondered if moving from Northern Ontario to Windsor, was a wise move for us or not. While listening to the weather network on TV, I hear reports of snow in almost every region of the country right now. So it seems that we traded in shoveling snow for enjoying roses in November....now, that is something to smile about I think. Hope you like it also......

4 comments:

John Minkowskyj said...

Your making us 'northerners' jealous of your weather and flora.

David c.h. Brown said...

Thanks for looking in John. However...we got hit with a snowfall last night, and everything is white this morning...LOL! Dave

John Minkowskyj said...

Merry Christmas David and your family from the Minkowskyj's in North Bay.

David c.h. Brown said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family also John. I haven't posted in a long while as I have been recovering from cataract surgery. Will have to learn photography all over again...LOL! Thanks, Dave