Monday, January 26, 2015

Detroit Auto Show ~ 2015

A couple of days ago, I made my first visit to the Detroit Auto Show, which was held in the Cobo Hall about a 5 minute drive just across the border from Windsor. There was every imaginable brand of car, truck, suv, there, all under one roof. It was truly mind blowing when you think that as of today, the entire show will be totally dismantled, and nothing but the bare walls and floors will be left behind. The new models were absolutely beautiful, and that is pretty much across the board. There was only one or two cars that I did not care for much, and they were mostly concept cars, that I hoped would never make it to production. However, I have to admit, that the one car that was just stunning for my tastes at least was the Buick Cascada. In 2016 this lovely convertible will be appearing in the GM showrooms all over the country, and I was really happy to see that Buick has decided to move on from the stodgy luxury sedans to include something a little more sporty. I was told that the Cascada will not be a muscle car and will come with a 4 cylinder turbo engine that will give excellent gas mileage. I asked if there was a chance it would come with a V6 turbo boosted engine, and the fellow assured me that I was dreaming in technicolor.....not a chance. At any rate, I liked the styling as it is not cluttered with a lot of chrome, just nice clean lines. Today, I thought I would share it with you also...

No comments: