Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Status Symbol....

The Flying "B" of the 2015 Bentley was to me a bit of a throw back to the old days when all the cars had very distinctive hood ornaments. It is indeed a statement of status, of the good life and affluence. When I was shooting this image, my mind actually drifted back to about 4 hours earlier, when we were coming up out of the tunnel and were met in the middle of the road by an obvious homeless person who was begging for a hand out from anyone who would stop for him. Life for him will not likely ever be an easy one, but I am not sure that I would wish upon him the burdens associated with this level of "good fortune" either.....but my guess is that he would probably have other ideas about that. At any rate, the car was a real show stopper, and it was hard to find elbow room to grab a few shots. 

2 comments:

Krys and Paul said...

Perfectly put - the contrasts are getting too much aren't they? Where is the balance in our society?

The photo! Love the gold streaks in the background - such a perfect comment on the icon.

David c.h. Brown said...

Hey Krys and Paul, so nice to hear from you again. I hope all is well. Thanks for your comment. Our world has become very complex, and by focusing on things beautiful both natural and man made, helps preserve a little sanity for me. I gave up on fairness a long time ago. Dave