Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Silent Strings

For several and various reasons, I had to take a hiatus from the blog posting, and so I decided to resume with this little image that I shot yesterday. About three days ago, I added a new reflector to my little studio lighting setup, called a "beauty dish". It is primarily used for portraits of the fairer gender, but is also useful for still life shots. Actually, when I was shooting this little setup, I thought that a few members of the Irish musicians group that I have had the pleasure of playing with in the last year, might possibly enjoy it....especially Sharon & Jim. Sharon is a wonderful violinist, and used to play with the Windsor Symphony Orchestra. After acquiring the violin from my late Father-in-Law, I am still trying to scratch out a few tunes myself, but so far, it appears to be a better prop for my photography than a musical instrument...in my hands at least. Hope you enjoy it.

4 comments:

John Minkowskyj said...

Very vivid. I like the combination of textures with the black backdrop.

David c.h. Brown said...

Thanks for your comment John, much appreciated. I just made a 16 x 20 of this and it looks really nice. By the way, it was shot with my 6mp Maxxum 7D with a CCD sensor, and it gives me the really nice warm colours that seem to be unique with that particular camera. Dave

Krys and Paul said...

Beautiful!

David c.h. Brown said...

Thank you Krys & Paul....actually, I just entered this print in the Greater Detroit Camera Club Competition last week, and it took 2nd place ribbon in the Beginners Category which I am placed since I have only been a member for a year. Dave