Sunday, June 14, 2015

Sunset...Behind the Shed.

For the most part, I do not photograph many sunset scenes. Every one is special and unique, but every sunset is captured millions of times every day, and one more from me seems a bit silly. However, this one was intended to be a rustic photo of an old window lying up against an old shed, and the sunset in the window pane was a little different I thought, so I decided to grab this one while I could. When I scanned the slide....yup, that Kodachrome stuff we used to shoot in a past life, it occurred to me that it might be suitable for something a little different, and this is what my muddled old head came up with. It is what it is, and I hope someone likes it just a little bit.....

6 comments:

John Minkowskyj said...

I like the colour and textures in this photo.
I have the same scanner as yours, I haven't even used it the past 4 years. I have a multitude of 'chromes' I would like to scan and bring into this century like you.

David c.h. Brown said...

Thanks John. The Plustek 7200 is a pretty good scanner, but it sounds like you will be needing a software upgrade for it to work with what ever OS you are using now....that can be fun!! I still like to mess with film, and I just ordered a 100 foot roll of Ilford PanF ASA 50 as I intend to get back into "real" photography and darkroom work again soon. Have a good one. Dave

Ed Deasy said...

David
Boy, that's a great shot you have of the old window leaning against a shed, with the reflection of the sun on the top of the door. Just great. The colors are reversed and that always makes an image look other worldly. Congrats. . . .

David c.h. Brown said...

Hey Ed, glad you're still peaking in. Thanks for your comments, and glad you enjoy it. It is fun to "wing it" once in a while. Dave

Krys and Paul said...

A sunset shot to end all sunset shots - you put such haunting images together, Dave!

David c.h. Brown said...

Krys & Paul...Thank you kindly! Sometimes things work out, and sometimes not so much. Glad you enjoyed it. Dave