Monday, August 10, 2015

Rose of Sharon....

A couple of evenings ago while I was doing burgers on the BBQ, I noticed this Rose of Sharon beside my deck with a nice dark background. It is only like this for a short period of the day, so I got my camera and grabbed a quick shot. Our entire back yard has become somewhat secluded by these trees which are loaded with blossoms right now. They range in colour from purple, purple/pink, pink, and white blossoms, and surround our deck as well. This year they seem to be well visited by bees, which is a good sign, as the bee population seems to be under attack lately for some reason. In addition to the other roses that are blooming around our yard, they make a nice decor for meals outside, as well as beverage breaks. Hope you like it.....

4 comments:

Krys and Paul said...

So lovely - great catch of background! Rose of Sharon sure make late summer and fall full of colour!

David c.h. Brown said...

Krys & Paul..thank you. Our back yard is full of them, and I never get tired of them. Dave

Krys and Paul said...

The bees and I thank YOU!

David c.h. Brown said...

Krys & Paul,
You are most welcome...it is so much fun to sit and have a coffee...or beer...and watch the bees so laden down with pollen they can hardly fly in a straight line...When the wobble too much...that is my indicator that I have had one too many. Dave