Saturday, August 15, 2015

A Fun Summer Day.....

There is nothing like a day at the lake and towing a whole load of kids on a rubber dingy. The squeals and laughter could be heard on shore, and they were quite a distance out there. My camera has a 2X zoom button on it, which makes my 450mm lens effectively 900 mm's. This shot was taken at 900mm hand held, and I did not pay much attention to the shutter speed. It was really tempting to clone out the wind turbines on the horizon, but I decided that it is what it is....At least for these kids, the memory of this day would likely be forever etched in their minds....Thanks for a great day Marc & Kim...

3 comments:

Krys and Paul said...

Personally I find the turbines so elegant and hopeful a sign of moving away from oil dependence - but then I don't live near one nor do I clean up the dead migrating birds so perhaps I lack perspective. Somehow the kids having a whale of a time in the foreground makes it all quite futuristic and positive!

David c.h. Brown said...

Krys & Paul...thanks for your comment. Personally, I have felt for a long time that there has to be a way for technology to coexist with all things natural. However, human beings seem to be in control of both technology and nature, and I guess I am a bit concerned with the outcome...hopefully we will not be too distracted by advances in technology and ignore the tipping points of nature....Dave

Krys and Paul said...

So true!