Sunday, September 6, 2015

A Late Summers Day on the Coastline...

Another nice day spent along the coastline of Newfoundland. This shot shows why the province is often referred to as the Rock. Huge jagged rock formations jut skyward along the shoreline would make it rather treacherous to navigate along this area, unless you were very familiar with it and knew what you were doing. That leaves me out....so I will be content to stroll along the beach and take photos.....it was supposed to rain today...

4 comments:

Krys and Paul said...

Dave - this is lovely! Where?

David c.h. Brown said...

Krys & Paul...So good to hear from you again! It has been a while...This place is at the end of a long winding road in Coley's Point, Bay Roberts, that leads to the bluffs that overlook the waters of Conception Bay. For the places I like to visit, I should have bought a 4 x 4 Jeep or something. This area is where my father grew up as a boy, and I just had to see it! Thanks for looking in. Dave

Krys and Paul said...

Sorry, distracted, and I missed so much! Between your photos of my childhood home county where you now live and your wonderful NL photos and stories from one of my favourite places in the world... We drove the byways from Holyrood round the peninsula to our favourite restaurant in Brown's Bay several times the two summers we spent in NL. Must go back soon.

David c.h. Brown said...

Krys & Paul, not too hard to be distracted in Newfoundland.....I drove right through a red light on the main road in Bay Roberts, and it was right in front of the Police Station! But the gods were smiling on me...this time. Dave