Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Overcast Day on the Cape...

It was a very overcast day at Cape Anguille Lighthouse in the Codroy Valley, NFLD today. The road down there was almost impassable with huge pot holes and ruts, and I almost decided to forget it. This shot was converted to Black & White, and I liked the graphic element provided by the old rail fence down near the shorline. It would have been a better scene with a little more sunlight, but you have to take what you are given weather wise. So....this is what I got for the effort, and I hope you like it.

4 comments:

John Minkowskyj said...

Nice to see your travel pics, good for you to take a trip home. Keep sharing your photos with us viewers.

Krys and Paul said...

Love the rail fence - changes the iconic lighthouse photo to a place I can feel - and black and white is a great solution to lack of sun! Spent a couple of weeks on the Juan de Fuca Strait this summer - there was lots of sun but it was the fog and cloud that made the most interesting photos. (Not in your class of course.)

David c.h. Brown said...

Thank you for hanging in with me John. I have had a lot to sort through this summer, and have not posted as frequently as I would have liked to. Yes, we finally got to go on a little holiday... 1st one since 1992! Appreciate your comments. Dave

David c.h. Brown said...

Krys & Paul...great to have you folks back. I bet the Strait of Juan de Fuca was a wonderful place for a vacation. As for your pics not "being in my class" please take my advice and stop doing that. Your pictures are your particular vision, and we are all at various stages of "vision" at various times in life. I'm sure they are wonderful, and what matters most is that they are "meaningful" to yourselves. Enjoy your efforts, and do not compare them to others. If you like someone else's vision, use the elements that you like, but do not copy them. Just be yourselves, and enjoy the moment....happily do your own thing. Dave