Sunday, April 3, 2016

Along the Way.....

Yesterday, I went for a photo walk about in old Sandwich Towne with a few members of the Windsor Camera Club, where we visited a couple of interesting buildings and took mostly interior shots due to the inclement weather outside. Afterward, on our way to one of the local pubs for lunch, I saw this bus shelter, and the graphics instantly caught my eye. So I mentioned to my friend Ed, that it needed a person sitting in it. Without saying a word, he went over and sat inside, bowed his head, and let his shoulders slump forward. He was the picture of a person who had seen his share of life's burdens, and it took me all of a few seconds to compose and shoot this scene. When I got back home afterward, I took it into Photoshop CS3 and after applying a couple of filters, came up with this rendition. Hope you like it......and thanks Ed!

2 comments:

John Minkowskyj said...

Interesting streetscape. Is Ed sitting in the second shelter?

David c.h. Brown said...

Hi John,
There is only one shelter, and he is sitting inside it. The bench in the foreground is on the outside. The reflections help create a bit of an optical illusion. To me, the area behind him, inside of the metal arch could be a picture all on its own. He sort of separates the two, and without him, it is all just one big picture...That is somewhat how I saw it at the time. Thanks, Dave