Sunday, May 15, 2016

A Place for Contemplation...

On a recent photo outing with the Windsor Camera Club to Olde Sandwich Towne, we visited this old church that dates back to the War of 1812 era. This image of the stained glass window was just a simple record shot of a quiet corner inside. While, I do not subscribe to any religious denomination, these old churches do leave you in awe somewhat, with the beauty of the architecture and old stained glass windows. The craftsmanship that went into building these old churches and town halls, etc., is just amazing. Anyway, when I opened this basic shot of a quiet corner, I felt that it had more potential, so I decided to experiment a bit with some On 1 software filters. When I dropped the heavy clouds over the image, and after that a tattered paper filter, it took on the look I was sort of hoping for. To me, it rather makes a statement of religions in general in our society today. They seem to be being abandoned, and drifting off into the mists of time.....

No comments: