Sunday, May 8, 2016

Blue Blossoms.....

What the heck, lets go for a third posting this evening eh? For this shot, I did the exact opposite of the pink flowers below this one. Instead of muting the colours, I decided to intensify them. Firstly, I waited until the sun had passed by, and they were in fairly deep shadows. My SONY HLV-58AM flash was mounted on its little plastic shoe and placed about 2 feet behind on the ground, while the little pop up flash on my camera triggered it remotely, giving a nice 2/1 lighting ratio to provide a rim light for the green leaves behind, and show a bit of light coming through the petals as well. Then a bit of Poster Edge filter in Photo Shop gave it the effect I was more or less looking for. It has been enlarged to a 16 x 20 inch print in the meanwhile, and it looks just great! If I am not mistaken, this is just a weed of some sort, but it was worth crawling around on my belly on the ground for anyway.....Ohhh me knees!!

3 comments:

John Minkowskyj said...

I enjoyed seeing all 3 flowers. I like the Poster Edge Filter, I've used it before. It produces a nice outline.











David c.h. Brown said...

Thanks John, much appreciated. Dave

Anonymous said...

Yes me dear lad it is truly a weed. Creeping Periwinkle I do believe. I keep pulling the damn thing out and pushing it over to your side of the fence. Seriously, it is a pretty flower, but it is invasive and chokes everything else out. I prefer the sharper image you've dome in this one to the washed out effect in the pink flower. The pink one just sits there,ho hum .... kind of tired like.
Terri