Saturday, May 28, 2016

Columbine Portrait.....

Yesterday, I was sitting on my front veranda with my camera, enjoying a beverage, and decided to take a few shots of the Columbine, and Iris that seemed to be springing up everywhere. The Columbine I am told, while not a weed, acts very much like one. They are very prolific, and are even growing under the veranda and up through the cracks in the boards. This shot is one that I decided to do a little playing around with, and I finally got it to a place where I liked it....soft and delicate. Yes, the colours have been muted somewhat, and it looks more like a coloured pencil sketch, than a photo. But that was my intent, and I hope some will enjoy it also.....

P.S. This one is for my friend, Gerald Booth. Thinking of you guy, and hoping you are feeling better soon.

No comments: