Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Interior Archway, McKenzie Hall....

This twisted tangle of plaster that soars over the archway inside McKenzie Hall, in Olde Sandwich Towne, is truly a work of art. The craftsmanship that it took to shape and erect this is truly amazing. The more you look at it, the more you wonder just what is keeping it up there, and at what point will it come crashing down. My guess is that when they conceived this idea, they made sure that this would not be happening anytime soon. Of course, to really accentuate the piece, I removed any and all distractions from the walls, such as plaques, and a large flat screen TV on the wall right in the middle of the archway. Without today's digital software, that would be extremely difficult to pull off. After that, I enhanced the texture of the work by using the Poster Edges filter again. It gave it a more stippled effect, which I found rather attractive. If you would like to see it in Black & White, you can visit my other little blog, Black & White Dabblings at http://blackwhitedabblings.blogspot.ca/ . For me, it is a toss up, which rendition of it that I like the most. It is a place that I will have to go back to again sometime as it has many photographic possibilities.

P.S.  This posting is for my friend John, who works for an architectural practice in North Bay, Ont. Hope you enjoy it!

2 comments:

John Minkowskyj said...

David, your reference to me was flattering. I work in an architectural practice, but I am not an architect.
Your photographic rendition looks good in colour as well as black & white.

David c.h. Brown said...

Thanks for your comments John, and I stand corrected. Hope all is well with you and yours. Dave