Sunday, June 4, 2017

Good Morning.....

Since there was a Robin's nest just to the left of this image, I had hoped to post an image of the Robin feeding the 3 babies, but sometime during the night, it appears that one of the many feral cats in our area paid them a visit, and the nest was empty this morning. In any case, this is a little image of my little quiet corner of the world that is somewhat conducive to gathering one's thoughts together before the day begins. My wife's efforts at growing roses and various other bushes are on full display right now, as our whole back yard along the fences and up the sides of our deck are in full bloom...add a coffee and singing birds, and it is what I waited for all Winter.

4 comments:

John Minkowskyj said...

A very peaceful looking photo.
Just to drop you a line, Ed Eng passed away this past Saturday.

David c.h. Brown said...

Thanks John, I checked out the Nugget this morning as usual, and there was his photo. Wow! He was a good friend and a mentor of mine, and I'm a bit torn up today after that news. Sure will miss him...Dave

John Minkowskyj said...

We will all miss him. He was such an integral part of the 'photo community' and a great restauranteur.
He introduced me to the North Bay Photo Group shortly after being mentored at Artsperience. I always look forward to the monthly meeting to showcase our work.

David c.h. Brown said...

Yup, I have been down here for 9 years now, and I still miss that Photo Group and all the fun we had. He was a special man, and it was a pleasure to have known him....Dave