Saturday, July 22, 2017

Two Tomatoes and an Ornamental Tea Pot...

In an effort to add a little variation to these images, I decided to go to work on this image tonight. When you get a week or so of scorching hot humid weather, you tend to want to stay inside with the A/C on, and try to occupy yourself as best you can. Hence this little image that I shot on the kitchen window sill. The colours were very vibrant, and when I opened the file, it seemed like a good one to play with a bit. After a bit of cropping, desaturation, and adding a bit of texture, this is the result. Sometimes it is a bit enjoyable to get away from the high saturation images that are in vogue nowadays, and go in the opposite direction. For me, the results are just as pleasing. Hope you enjoy it...

2 comments:

John Minkowskyj said...

I like the cream coloured pastel-like tone and stroke outlines in the print. It has a peaceful and subdued quality to it.

David c.h. Brown said...

Thanks John, glad you enjoyed it. Sometimes I shoot an image without really knowing why, but also knowing that the reasons will come to me later on. It is a very simple and ordinary image, and I like the softer tones as compared with the original unedited colours, as well as the 3 objects arranged diagonally....must have been in a mellow mood I guess. Dave